Invest In Results Because Outcomes MatterSpeakers included: John Bridgeland (Civic Enterprises), Lisa Fitzpatrick (DC Department of Healthcare Finance), Michele Jolin (Results for America), Sonal Shah (The Beeck Center at Georgetown University), and Eshauna Smith (Urban Alliance).
How can service providers, government, private funders, and others work together to address entrenched social issues in our communities and focus on long-term solutions? Topics covered include:
- What are outcomes, and how are they measured?
- What innovative funding and financing tools are available to revolutionize our approach to solving big social problems?
- How does current funding make it harder for service providers to offer long-term solutions, and what investments must we make in providers to facilitate this shift?
12:00 PM - Registration and Lunch
- Eric Belsky, Director of Division of Consumer and Community Affairs, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- David Erickson, Director of Community Development, Federal Reserve Bank of SF
- Jen Talansky, Managing Director of Knowledge and Impact, Nonprofit Finance Fund
Results: A North Star for Policymakers
- John Bridgeland, former White House Domestic Policy Director
- Michael Nutter, former Mayor of Philadelphia
- Moderator: Michele Jolin, CEO and Co-Founder of Results for America
- Creating a Market that Values Health: Tyler Norris, CEO of Well Being Trust
- Taking the RCT Leap: What it Really Means for Your Nonprofit: Eshauna Smith, CEO of Urban Alliance
- Chasing Outcomes: Lessons Learned Across the Health Sector: Lisa Fitzpatrick, Senior Medical Director at DC Department of Health Care Finance
- New Frontiers in Results-Driven Collaboration Between Government and Service Providers: Scott Kleiman, Program Director, Harvard Kennedy School Government Performance Lab
- Moderator: Ian Galloway, Director of the Center for Community Development Investments, Federal Reserve Bank of SF
Improving Health Outcomes for Seniors
- Dan Hale, Special Advisor to the President, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Stephanie Archer-Smith, Executive Director, Meals on Wheels Central Maryland
- Lucy Theilheimer, Chief Strategy and Impact Officer, Meals on Wheels America
- Moderator: Sonal Shah, Executive Director of The Beeck Center for Social Impact & Innovation at Georgetown University
Summary and Closing
Andrea Levere, President of Prosperity Now